8.28.2010

The dog days are over

Apologies for the lack of updates lately. I've been swamped by my dissertation, which is due in TWO WEEKS, and I'm still only two-thirds of the way done with! It's also been hot and the two factors have combined to make me 1.) unhappy 2.) wear a lot of dumpy cut-offs with old tee shirts and 3.) not want to update/not checking blogs. Anyway, this is a resolution to start updating more. I am aiming for a 3 times a week update of outfit pictures, plus maybe a once-weekly feature TBD because I haven't decided what I want it to be yet.

08282010_03

Today was weirdly cold after it being over 100F on Tuesday and Wednesday. I think the high was 72F! So I thought that justified wearing tights with my shorts today.

08282010_02
Shorts: Primark, Cardigan, Tank: H&M, Shoes: Miz Mooz, Tights: DKNY

I am not a huge fan of these tights. I usually wear the more opaque ones, but somehow I got these sheerer ones and they snag on my fingernails when I put them on and they are super soft (not a con, I guess), but they're good for days like this when it isn't hot or cold.

08282010_04

It's hard to tell in these pictures (maybe?) but I dyed my hair! It's an ombre ala Drew Barrymore and I'm really excited for it to grow out. Today was one of the first days it really started to look ombre. I need a few more inches of outgrown, honestly, but I'm pretty happy with it.

08282010_05

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look adorable! I love that shirt and cardigan, and your hair looks great! :)
You shouldn't feel bad about not blogging. Dissertations are serious business! Looking forward to seeing more of your outfits, though :)

Sorcha said...

I like it. I'm excited to see it in person when it'll be more grown out!

Christina said...

I love those shoes so much!

Christina xox

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Rubie or I will try to reply to any questions you post here, so check back for your answer.