5.18.2010

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow.

Until Saturday, I'd only had my hair cut by one person in my entire life. Unfortunately, my hair dresser has taken ill with cancer and has retired, so I was forced to find someone new to do my hair. Needless to say, this caused some panic in my heart and my hair was already in need of a trim when this occurred, leading to extreme procrastination that led, finally, on Saturday, to a FOUR HOUR hair appointment.


Emily at Salon Bravissimo in Sacramento did an AMAZING job with my hair. I had to have about 3" cut off the ends to even out my layers and cull nasty dead bleached ends. My friend Mel and I had been debating if I should change the color and I decided to go for it because it SHOULD have been fairly painless. Of course, because it's me, it took forever to get the ash toner out of my hair. It literally would not let go. WTF, hair! We decided to go on a color scheme similar to my dog Bjorn for a unique look. It's flaxen on top with an apricot wash over my natural hair underneath. I also opted for some straight bangs, which I know aren't the most flattering look for me. I had straight bangs last summer for a few weeks and ended up feeling bitter about them, but IDK. I get tired of side bangs, so straight bangs for a few weeks and, since it's spring, my hair will grow fairly quickly and I can transition back into side bangs again! When it gets hot I end up pining any bang I have back anyway, so it's really no thing.

05182010_01

05182010_02

05182010_03
Cardigan: H&M; Tank Top: TopShop; Hat: Handknit by my sister; Leggings: Nordstrom; Boots: Born; Nailpolish: Lilacism by Essie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Rubie or I will try to reply to any questions you post here, so check back for your answer.