6.22.2010

Calendar Girl

June is a hard month to take pictures in. If you don't go outside at JUST THE RIGHT time, you get mad shadows or, if you're kind enough to have one, you get your photographer's shadow in the pictures. Or you're constantly squinting. Or whatever.

One of the nice things, though, is the light is really strong, so it makes it ~dramatic~, especially if you take pictures in the evening. My sister took these of me after a loooong day, so apologies for the sunglasses. At the best of times, I wipe half my makeup off within five minutes of applying it.

My mom made me this dress out of a piece of vintage Liberty of London cotton lawn she had laying around. I wore it a lot at school, and every time I wear it, it's like she is hugging me a bit. I know, super corny, but I really do appreciate that she made even this simple dress for me! Before I put this outfit on, I had modeled a dress I'd bought at Forever 21 and been given a "meh" by my mom and sister. I came back with this on and both were very forthcoming with its merits, which made me feel better about returning the other dress.

06212010_06

06212010_04

06212010_05

06212010_07
Dress: Homemade by my mom, Shoes: Michael by Michael Kors, Sunglasses: Marc Jacobs, Belt: thrifted by my sister

8 comments:

liz said...

So cute, I stopped at Liberty of London this summer and everything was so adorable! But it's much more special when something is handmade!

Brianna said...

I really like the dress and I completely understand about the weather thing.

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm not really sure what to do with the bodysuit either but I live about an hour's drive away from Urban Outfitters so taking it back becomes difficult.

I hope to see you back soon!!!
http://the-not-so-secret-loves-of-bri.blogspot.com/

Chelsea Finn said...

that dress looks wonderful on you! your mom did such a fantastic job on it! cute dog too! haha.

<3chelsea elizabeth

iliketweet said...

Lovely dress! Homemade is always better than shop bought :)

tweet tweet tweet

x

Smile, Bernice said...

Your dog is so cute! I love that dress - very pretty.

The Wh0le Story said...

Corgis are one of my favorite dog breeds - I can't resist the stumpy legs :o)

Becca [Free Honey] said...

I love this dress - your mom did such a good job making it! And, you're right on the light in June - I've been feeling like my outfit pics have been totally hit or miss lately! Glad it's not just me!

Lucy, Dear Fish said...

That dress is super cute. You know what's so funny? I am British by way of California too! It's a small world!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Rubie or I will try to reply to any questions you post here, so check back for your answer.