6.29.2010

Blueberry Bliss

California weather has finally decided to wake up and realize it's almost July. The nice days of the 80F heat has been replaced by 90F+ degree heat. Worse, it has not been cooling down at night. It is making me miserable! I even got heat sick yesterday, presumably from sleeping under my duvet. Needless to say, I have been feeling less than motivated to get dressed. Yesterday I swapped one set of pajamas for another and laid on the couch watching season 1 of Alias all day.

06292010_01


One of the things getting me through these ~hard times~ are cold drinks. I've been reading My Breakfast Blog for awhile and lusting/drooling over her delicious meals. I was particularly intrigued by the banana-blueberry smoothies she often has, so I searched through her blog to find her recipe. I altered it slightly because I don't need rice protein nor do I drink almond milk. Here is my version of the smoothie.
1 Cup Non-Fat Milk
1 to 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Blueberries (depending on your taste)
1 Frozen Banana
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Paste
4 Cups Organic Baby Spinach

Put in blender. Blend till smooth. Makes 2 smoothies.
What do you guys do in the heat? Any good coping mechanisms besides hiding inside with a cool drink?

3 comments:

Brianna said...

You should try almond milk :) It's really good. You can't drink like a huge glass of it because it's really sweet but it's good. And I love cold drinks but my blender doesn't like to blend, haha.

http://the-not-so-secret-loves-of-bri.blogspot.com/

. said...

( The cat with the tounge is Sexy mama, she´s so cute!
Yes, its rhubarb, lovely! :) )

Blend frozen blueberrys and banana, like icecream! :)

Elaine said...

Definitely swimming!

I'll have to try that. It sounds delish!

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Rubie or I will try to reply to any questions you post here, so check back for your answer.