6.22.2010

Lazy Mondays

Sometimes, I just can't sum up the enthusiasm to get dressed. I know, I know! I should not be admitting such things on a style blog, but: it's true. Especially in the summer. It's so hot and I'm looking at the same three pairs of shorts and couple of dresses and I know I am just going to sit on the couch all day so my hand begins to creep towards this pile of v-neck men's undershirts because: WHO IS GOING TO SEE ME?

This is both a bad and good attitude. Good insofar as I don't get my nice things sweaty and/or wrinkly when I just want to chill on the couch. Bad insofar as I still look like a semi-homeless college student half the summer.

This outfit is a bit of a compromise. My sister and I decided to take a walk to our local coffee joint, so I didn't want to look TOO homeless. I ended up ditching the sweater (wool blend? In June? No thanks!) and, generally, I'd wear flats or sandals instead of Converse with my jeans to spice them up. I find jeans to be difficult; I love them but I also fear them. Also, no one on style blogs seems to wear them! You have to get the right top with them or they can look both dumpy and overly casual, in my case, at least, because mine tend to sag off my regrettable lack of hips/waist and make my stomach look chubby. And I say this as someone who just confessed their men's undershirt collection.

06212010_03
My sister dubbed this picture "the creature in its natural habitat". I appear to be looking at a Style.com collection, on AIM, and have a GQ ready by my elbow JUST IN CASE!!!

06212010_01
Tank: Primark, Cardigan: French Connection, Jeans: Marc by Marc Jacobs, Shoes: Converse

06212010_02
Eyeshadow: Mac Cherry Collection (last year)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Rubie or I will try to reply to any questions you post here, so check back for your answer.